Project: Implementation of a
Implementation of a Software Solution to increase the Rate and Occupancy and to increase the Customer Satisfaction.
Situation in the company: Neither the occupancy rate nor the current price structure can achieve the agreed targets.
My role: F/O, Reservations and Yield Management
Implement yield management and up-selling with the aim of increasing the occupancy rate by 20% and the average rate by 15.00 €. Side effect: Introduction of a uniform and transparent rate structure.
- analysis of seasons according to historical occupancy and expected reservations demand (trade fairs, local events, events …).
- analysis of the ideal price types
- determine room categories for up-selling
- load seasons and rates into Fidelio (software)
- intensive training of staff at F/O, reservations, events office, sales and trainees
Task 1: Analysis of seasons, rate types and room categories
- analysis of historical rates according to demand/season and expected price development (industry-specific, economic trend)
- Season I: holiday season, demand mainly from tourists and private guests – only lower rate acceptance
- Season II: demand from corporate guests and events – agreed corporate rate
- Season III: trade fairs, corporate guests, event guests (banquet business) – slightly increased rate acceptance
- Season IV and V: supraregional trade fairs, very high demand from corporate guests and trade fair visitors – high to very high-rate acceptance
- allocation of seasons for the next 18 months
- determination of room categories
- rate splitting according to categories: ECO, BUS, First for up-selling.
Task 2: Load seasons and rates into Fidelio (software) and train staff at F/O, Reservations, Banquet office and Sales
- program Fidelio (software) according to season and rate structure
- create room categories for up-selling in Fidelio
- load rates and seasons into Fidelio (software) via CSV import
- prepare training structure and documents
- set training dates according to usage and experience (reservation, F/O, sales, event office and trainees)
- train staff and develop best practice
- continuous success control and optimisation
- increase of annual average occupancy by 20%.
- increase of annual average rate by € 18.00
- higher acceptance of price types
- more reliability through clear rate transparency while making reservations
- reservations can be done by all staff (Reservations, F/O, Sales, event office, trainees)