Project: Implementation of a cross-functional Intranet Visibility for Global Projects
for standardization of processes, elimination of multiple data storage, and transparency of project processes and -responsibilities.
Situation in the company: Project processes and documentation are done differently, depending on the region. This leads to multiple documentation and lack of transparency within and outside the team.
Own role: Project management
- global documentation for projects will be done via Sharepoint (Intranet)
- determine basic documentation (minimum) and structure
- definition of access rights
- definition of administrators
- documentation and process of project communication via Microsoft Teams and Sharepoint
- training of project managers, their deputies and project team members
Special feature: Observe data protection regulations (personnel data, communication, SOX, retention periods).
Task 1: Determine structure, basic documentation, access rights and administrators.
In co-operation with the project managers
- define the subdivision of groups/regions
- work out of information needed for each project (basic documentation)
- determine the clearest structure
- name the administrators and their deputies
- create the main pages (groups/regions) in Sharepoint with the IT team
- set up access rights for the teams and the respective administrators on the main pages in Sharepoint
- set up the uniform structure for the documentation on the main pages in Sharepoint and define it as the master for all project sub-pages
Task 2: Set up the structure for documentation and communication.
Set up the basic structure at the master site:
- Project description, area of operation and function
- name and position – project leader
- name and position of team members and distribution of tasks
- process documentation
- workload: man-days, support with external consultants
- project calendar with kick-off, milestones, UAT etc.
- roll-out date
Create space for additional and individual documentation, i.e.
- awards, user feedback
- team events
Set up a master for project communication in Microsoft Teams and Sharepoint:
- meeting notes on Sharepoint
- chat in Microsoft Teams
- newsfeed on Sharepoint
- Email to project distribution list in Microsoft Teams
Task 3: Prepare and deliver training for administrators and deputies. Prepare manual for roll-out.
- prepare training material and hold training for
- Administrators and their deputies
- Project team members
- create manual and distribute to all training participants
- document training materials and manual on main pages in Sharepoint
- uniform structure and documentation ensure quick access to required data and information for past and ongoing projects (status, process, delay, cost development …)
- avoidance of multiple documentation
- better communication through centralisation
- training for administrators and deputies, as well as the manual for team members guarantees the correct use of the tool
- data protection regulation is respected
Due to the confidentiality of the measures, the company name will not be mentioned. I would be happy to give you the name of a contact person in the company who can provide information on the project within the framework of confidentiality. Please contact me.