Let's talk about ... Online & Digital Marketing
Online marketing includes all marketing measures that are carried out online. This includes, among other things
- posting on social media accounts
- setting up and maintaining the website
- setting up and updating the web-shop
- e-mail marketing
- hosting the company blog and Youtube channels
- advertisement @ Google and Bing
- giving online lectures
- and many other marketing activities @ the Internet.
Tasks in online marketing overlap with tasks in digital marketing. Digital marketing includes all marketing activities that are delivered via internet technology.
Digital marketing uses digital tools to make marketing measures more effective and place them optimally. In addition, a meaningful evaluation of the success of the measures is possible. Central control enables optimal transparency within the team and – if desired – cross-functionally.
With the use of digital tools, the target group can be reached better and thus more turnover & profit can be generated.
Classic digital tools are:
Content marketing programmes
- campaign management, e.g. posts, online event invitations etc.
- creation of advertising measures according to corporate design
- central control of advertising measures
- success and cost control of advertising measures
- optimization of lead generation via marketing channel analysis
- alignment of the website and web-shop according to customer preferences
Analytic tools such as Adobe or Google Analytics for
- analysis of target groups and customer preferences
analyze of costs and success of ads, website etc.
CRM programmes for
- optimal targeting of leads/prospects
- optimal support of customers along the sales phases
- control of sales campaigns for more effectiveness
- improved maintenance of existing customers
- optimal and personalised e-mail marketing
This does not mean that the classic marketing tasks are left out; a marketing strategy and planning are still required. One advantage of digital tools is that they support planning with figures, facts and data about customer wishes and needs.
Other advantages are
- transparency of marketing measures
- adhoc and easy cost and success control
- adherence to the corporate design via templates
- the systematic collection of customer data along the customer journey
Online marketing versus digital marketing
The use of digital tools enables the analysis of customer preferences and thus an optimal use of marketing measures, which
- leads to increased customer loyalty and satisfaction
- enables product development according to customer preferences
- shows optimal pricing strategy
- enables better control of success (KPIs, reporting, budget, etc.)
- better cost control leading to cost reduction.
The path from analogue marketing to digital marketing is called digitization. I will discuss this in my next article.
Contact me to discuss the possibilities in your company. I am pleased about your interest.
Mobile: +49 (0) 160 – 9222 4556